Technology is changing your world. Think of robots that would care for the elderly, or boats that run on solar energy, or a machine that fishes plastic out of the ocean. Technical solutions that contribute to a sustainable world are in high demand. Are you curious, resourceful and interested in technology? Find out how you can make a difference with a bachelor in Engineering!
What if you choose Engineering?
If you choose to study Engineering at the HZ, you will be offered broad technical courses to become a real problem solver. You will learn to overcome technical challenges in the most sustainable, climate-neutral and socially responsible way. You will learn how to design with less natural resources, less waste and less energy. During this programme you will learn:
- methods by which you learn to solve a problem with technology
- how to design a product or a process
- how to improve a product or process
- how systems work
- how to use technology to make products or processes sustainable
- how to make innovative machines and products
During the first year, you get an orientation on what you can do with technology. After obtaining your propaedeutic year, you will choose a field of study: the technical track or the creative track. Later in the programme, you will choose a specific study track.
You will be presented with many assignments, which will require you to think carefully and then get to work. You often work in groups with other students on assignments from real companies. After you have received a theoretical explanation, you will immediately put it into practice. You will learn how to work independently and in a structured manner on a project, how to research an assignment first, make a plan of action, and how to communicate this effectively with your clients and fellow students.
You will become a future-proof engineer that:
- Has a good technical basis, which you can use in many ways
- Knows a method with which you design technical solutions
- Is very aware of the impact on the environment and climate
- Is inquisitive and resourceful
- Works independently and in a structured way
- Has good communication skills
- Has developed itself into integral design or technically