Thank you for applying at HZ!
Thank you for taking your first step to apply to HZ University of Applied Sciences via Studielink!
In order to have the pleasure of welcoming you as one of HZ’s International students, we want to draw your attention to the important timetable below. This information will guide you through the steps needed to complete your enrolment at HZ.
You will receive an e-mail with a link to the HZ International Application system (ias.hz.nl) immediately after having submitted your application in Studielink.
Within two weeks: complete your application
Please complete your application by uploading in ias.hz.nl the following documents:
- A copy of your valid passport or identity card
- Recent transcript - if you have not graduated or received your final certificate yet.(*)
- A copy of your secondary or further education diploma including transcript of records - if you have already graduated.(*)
(*) All above mentioned documents must be issued in Dutch, English, French, Spanish or German. If this is not the case, you must upload a translation in one of these languages.
For students who have not yet graduated a good translation suffices. However, after graduation an official (sworn) translation must be provided
Students who have already graduated should upload an official (sworn) translation of their educational background documents.
English proficiency requirements:
- If you are a EU-student and need to take an English language test (see language requirements https://hz.nl/en/study-information/requirements you will be asked to submit the results of your English language test (IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge or TOEIC) or fill in the date of your future test.
- If you are a non-EU student and need to take an English language test (see language requirements https://hz.nl/en/study-information/requirements you will be asked to submit the results of your English language test (IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge or TOEIC) or a confirmation of registration for such a language test (to enable us to proceed with your application).
Within 5 (working) days after receiving your documents: HZ will inform you on our decision.
As soon as we have received your application file in ias.hz.nl, we will proceed with reviewing and evaluating your records. We aim to inform you of our decision within 5 (working) days from receiving your complete application. We will inform you by sending you our (Conditional) Letter of Acceptance by regular mail as well as by e-mail.
The (Conditional*) Letter of Acceptance guarantees you a place at HZ provided you obtain the diploma you mentioned in Studielink and, if required, pass the English test.
*For unconditional admittance, original documents, such as diploma(s), transcript(s), official translations and English test reports need to be presented upon arrival. You also need to take care of the payment of tuition fees.
Until June: Book a student room
Once you have received our (Conditional) Letter of Acceptance, you can apply for a student room in Vlissingen or Middelburg. For more information on how to reserve a room see our ‘housing’ page.
May: prepare for your stay in Vlissingen or Middelburg
Check all practical information that you may need to prepare for your stay in the Netherlands and more particularly in Vlissingen/Middelburg.
May / June
*If you have to cancel your enrolment at HZ but have already paid the tuition fees, the entire sum will be reimbursed, provided you notify us before
- Visa request for non-EU students
You will receive an invoice together with the information on the visa-
& residence permit procedure. See for more information about immigration.
For more information
Join our HZ Facebook group to get in touch with our international students and your future fellow students or contact one of our student ambassadors.
Any questions? Do not hesitate to send an e-mail to email@example.com