Thank you for taking your first step to apply to HZ University of Applied Sciences, Van Hall Larenstein and Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences via Studielink for the Master River Delta Development.

Submit required documents to our International Application System

In order to have the pleasure of welcoming you as one of our Master students, we want to draw your attention to submitting the required documents. The information below will guide you through the steps needed to complete your enrolment.

Once you have applied, you will receive an e-mail with a link to our International Application System immediately after having submitted your application in Studielink. Complete your application by attaching the following documents to your file:

  • A copy of your bachelor’s degree or certificate equal to a bachelor’s degree<a href="file:///C:/Users/os0010/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/Content.Outlook/FJGDGVC2/20183108%20webtekst%20Admission%20and%20registration%20(003).docx#_msocom_1" class="msocomanchor" id="_anchor_1" language="JavaScript" name="_msoanchor_1" ] , including a transcript of records (list of grades). If you have not yet graduated or have not yet received your diploma, please upload an official recent transcript of records *.
  • A copy of your valid passport or ID-card
  • An official English language test (IELTS, TOEFL or Cambridge)<a href="file:///C:/Users/os0010/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/Content.Outlook/FJGDGVC2/20183108%20webtekst%20Admission%20and%20registration%20(003).docx#_msocom_2" class="msocomanchor" id="_anchor_2" language="JavaScript" name="_msoanchor_2" ]
  • Your motivation letter
* All above mentioned documents must be in Dutch, English, French, Spanish or German. If this is not the case, you must upload a translation in one of these languages. Students who have already graduated should upload an official (sworn) translation of their educational background documents. For students who have not yet graduated a good translation suffices. However, after graduation an official (sworn) translation must be provided.

Interview and Letter of Acceptance

When your application documents are approved, you will get an invitation for an interview (this could be a face-to-face interview or a Skype call). If your letter of motivation and intake interview are both positively assessed, you will be sent a conditional letter of acceptance. You can use this to request any grants you will need.

Visa information

When coming to study from a country outside of the EU, you may need a visa or other entry document. VISA requirements depend on which nationality you have. The HZ student office will apply for these documents on your behalf after the application process is complete. Students receive a residence permit for the entire duration of their study period. Read more about visa and residence permit and the related costs to the immigration process.


As soon as you have received your conditional offer to start your study, you can start applying for a student room. If desired, the universities of applied sciences will assist you in arranging on-site housing. This may be done by providing the housing itself or by helping you get in touch with parties that can provide housing. How can I find a room in Middelburg? Villex will be able to help you.

For more information

Any questions? Do not hesitate to send an e-mail to