The coronavirus and travelling by students/staff
Published: 02 Mar 2020
It is all over the news these days: the outbreak and spreading of the coronavirus. As we are an international university of applied sciences, we want to inform you about the measures taken by HZ. HZ closely follows the developments concerning the coronavirus.
HZ follows the recommendations of the ‘Rijksinstituut voor Volksgezondheid en Milieu (RIVM)’ (National Institute for Public Health and the Environment). The RIVM monitors the situation in the Netherlands and gives advice. HZ closely monitors these recommendations together with the other Dutch universities of applied sciences and research universities. We also follow the advice of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Where necessary, we seek advice from our partners abroad.
Most important advices
• We advise everyone who wants to travel abroad to keep a close eye on the travel advice from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. You can also download the app.
• The HZ policy is based on the travel advice from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. When a travel advice has an orange or red code, HZ does not give permission to travel to these areas. If you are already in such a code area, consult the International Office or Director of Internationalisation Bert Schollema.
• Also for planned HZ group travel we will follow the travel advice issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
• Have you been to an area where the coronavirus is prevalent, and you have a cold? Then you are advised to stay at home. If the symptoms worsen, contact your doctor by telephone. Also immediately inform your study programme coordinator or manager if you suspect you are infected with the coronavirus. Are you an international student? Then please also inform International Office, by e-mail: email@example.com
• HZ students and staff abroad and international HZ students in the Netherlands can contact HZ at any time, for any safety reasons, via the SOS number: + 31 320 - 331343
All news updates and the FAQ can be found on the HZ website.
You can also contact Bert Schollema, Director of Internationalisation, by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 06-22205676.
RIVM - Rijksoverheid www.rivm.nl (in English available)
RIVM - FAQ about the coronavirus (in English available)
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
This message is a shortened version of the information provided to HZ students and staff via the internal HZ Portal.