Visa and Residence Permit Information

To enter the Netherlands for the purpose of studying, and during your studies, you may require a visa and/or a residence permit, depending on the following factors:

  • Your nationality, i.e. as stated in your passport.
  • The duration of your stay, i.e. for less or more than three months.
  • The purpose of your stay, i.e. we assume that you intend coming to the Netherlands to study, or for a preparatory year.

The HZ student office will apply for these documents on your behalf after the application process is complete. Students receive a residence permit for the entire duration of their study period up to a maximum of five years. Read more about visa and residence permit.