World of Tourism
In the project World of Tourism, you will learn all about the ins and outs of the tourism industry
You will learn to understand the tourism and leisure industry by gaining insight into the tourism system and its components as well as marketing of tourism and hospitality services.
You will also work in groups on a marketing plan and write a portfolio individually.
Each group will be assigned to a company in one of the industries below:
- Developing Hotels, Resorts and Parks
- Guiding Gastronomy, Advancing Restaurants
- Stimulating Visits by Branding Destinations/Tours/Events
- Promoting Wellbeing & Healthy Lifestyle
Example marketing plan hotel
Question: How can a hotel make better use of the orangery?
To determine which customers the hotel should target, an STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning model) analysis is carried out. The result was 2 different target groups. Based on this, a differentiated marketing mix is created. This sets out how to reach these target groups. The target groups desire aspects such as: sustainability, vegetarian diet, brunch and use of innovative technology.
- Use the orangery especially in the off-season.
- Attract guests other than hotel guests. For example, by offering afternoon tea.
- You can promote this through social media and organising events.
Discover if this suits you?
Want more information about this project or the Tourism Management programme? Check our study activities at hz.nl/events and register for one of the activities.