5G-Blueprint envisions to design and validate a technical architecture and a business and governance model for uninterrupted cross-border teleoperated transport based on 5G connectivity. 5G-Blueprint will explore and define:
- The economics of 5G tools in cross border transport & logistics as well as passenger transport: bringing CAPEX (capital expenditure) and OPEX (operational expenditure) into view, both on the supply (telecom) side and the demand (transport & logistics) side for the transformation of current business practices as well as new value propositions
- The Governance issues and solutions pertaining to responsibilities and accountability within the value chain dependent on cross border connectivity and seamless services relating to the Dutch & Belgian regulatory framework (telecommunications, traffic and CAM (Connected and Automated Mobility) experimentation laws, contracts, value chain management)
- Tactical and operational (pre-) conditions that need to be in place to get the full value of 5G tooled transport & logistics. This includes implementing use cases that increase cooperative awareness to guarantee safe and responsible teleoperated transport
- Preparing and piloting teleoperated and telemonitored transport on roadways and waterways to alleviate the increasing shortage of manpower and bring transport and logistics to a higher level of efficiency through data sharing in the supply chain and use of AI
- Exploring the possibilities of increasing the volume of freight transported during the night where excess physical infrastructure capacity is abundant; the lowering of personnel costs would make this feasible on a cost-effective basis
- Teleoperation will be enabled by 5G qualities, such as low latency, reliable connectivity, and high bandwidth.
The project’s outcome will be the blueprint for operational pan-European deployment of teleoperated transport solutions in the logistics sector and beyond.
More info: https://www.5gblueprint.eu.