Senior Research Fellow autonomous transport and logistics systems
Scope: 0.8 - 1.0 fte
Work location: Vlissingen
At HZ University of Applied Sciences, we contribute to successful and sustainable application of radical and complex innovations and technologies in logistics. As Senior Research Fellow/experienced researcher autonomous transport and logistics systems in the research group Supply Chain Innovation, you conduct practice-oriented research into the possibilities for far-reaching digitisation, automation, and robotization in transport and logistics in Zeeland. Taking on projects and collaborating with your colleagues, course programmes and external stakeholders gives you energy. Curiosity, drive, practice-oriented focus, engagement with the professional field and with students are all important characteristics.
Are you looking for a position where you will lead and manage practice-oriented research themes with an impact in the area of supply chain management? Then apply now for the vacancy of Senior Research Fellow/experienced researcher autonomous transport and logistics systems at HZ University of Applied Sciences in Vlissingen.
What you will be doing as a researcher
The research group researches the application possibilities and impact of autonomous land and see transport vehicles in logistics chains. The challenge in the coming years is to deploy autonomous systems effectively and safely in mixed traffic situations on enclosed sites, such as terminals and public roads (and waterways). The focus of the lectorate is on the logistical integration at terminals and in the supply chain, new business models, required collaborations between stakeholders and combined application of autonomous and manually operated systems at businesses, and in particular at businesses in Zeeland.
In the Living Lab Autonomous Transport and FieldLab Autonomous Sailing Technology, the lectorate works on innovation projects for connected and automated transport. We do this together with technology providers, logistics service providers, terminals, harbour authorities, governments, and knowledge institutes in projects at regional, national, and European scale, both on the road and on the water. As part of this, state of the art technology is used at companies in Zeeland. The lectorate wants to expand and strengthen its portfolio applied research into autonomous transport and logistics systems. In the development of the research agenda, we are working together with Zeeland Connect, the logistics community in Zeeland, and Greening Corridors, a national collaboration of governments, knowledge institutes, and business.
In your role as Senior Research Fellow/experienced researcher within the research group Supply Chain Innovation, you will develop a portfolio of practice-oriented research projects that you will be implementing together with the team. You will build up a network of business partners, platform and sector organisations, knowledge institutes, and the regional governments. Together with them, you will identify innovation needs and formulate research questions which we will address in our research projects. In doing this, you know how to deal with the diversity of interests. You also ensure the valorisation of the research results and the transfer of new knowledge to the students. The innovative character of the questions offers you the opportunity to publish research results in scientific magazines and journals.
You apply your knowledge and expertise enthusiastically in the implementation of the projects and in the educating of students into enterprising, innovative, and driven professionals in a sustainable world. In this function, you are responsible for the:
- Analysis of the needs of companies and governments in the development and application of autonomous transport and logistics systems and translating these needs into a research programme
- Acquisition of research projects and contract research assignments based on analyses of needs.
- Managing of and contributing to the implementation of research activities in the team.
- Determining of the educational needs of students and/or institutions and indicating of the possibilities for development and innovation in the field of autonomous transport and logistics systems.
- Coordination of the development and implementation of research components with lecturer-researchers of the Supply Chain Innovation team, and other lectorates, and course programmes within HZ.
- Publishing of the results of the practice-oriented research that has been conducted and transferring the knowledge into the professional field in such a way that it is understandable, relevant, and applicable.
- Keeping up to date with relevant developments and exchanging knowledge with peers and colleagues, stimulating the professional development of colleagues, as well as maintaining your own (international) network within the theme of Autonomous Transport and Logistics Systems in the knowledge world and the professional field at logistics and technology companies.
- Applying and maintaining of the quality care system for research within the team of Supply Chain Innovation.
Working at University of Applied Sciences: The Personal University
With 4,800 students, 600 employees and 25 HBO-programmes, the HZ University of Applied Sciences (HZ) in Zeeland can be called a small, personal university. We offer Bachelor programmes, (bridging) courses, a Master programme, post-graduate programmes and Associate degrees. In addition, our lectorates and knowledge centres perform practice-oriented research within the themes of vitality, nutrition, energy, water, and bio-based solutions. Working at HZ means working in a vibrant environment where no two days are the same. Where the lecturers know their students by name. And where the communication lines are short. Whether you are working as a lecturer, janitor, marketing employee, ICT professional, P&O advisor or financial manager: together with your colleagues, you form a team of professionals who are preparing our students for the (international) employment market. And did you know that we have been in the top 3 best universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands for years?
You have it in you
With your experience as Senior Research Fellow researcher in the technical and/or logistical research, you can immediately get started on research projects. Your experience with conducting scientific research enables you to initiate, manage, and implement, or manage the implementation of, interesting research projects. You also have:
• A completed PhD in a relevant field;
• Experience in research and/or consultancy in relevant fields of knowledge;
• Knowledge of and experience with the methodology of quantitative research and design science;
• Work experience in research projects involving multiple stakeholders;
• English language skills at Cambridge Proficiency level.
Grow with us
We believe that future-proof education begins with our staff. That is why, in addition to a vibrant work environment, we also offer:
- A fixed-term contract for one year in the function of university lecturer. Renewal of this appointment is dependent on personal performance and formative space;
- A gross monthly salary in scale 12, between €4445.52 and €5717.25 for full-time employment;
- 8.3% end-of-year bonus, 8% holiday pay and possibly compensation for travel expenses and/or for working from home;
- The opportunity to work on your personal and professional development;
- Freedom and autonomy in your work.
Are you the practice-oriented and curious researcher? Then press the Apply Now button and send in your application before 7 January 2022. Would you prefer to receive some more information first? Send your question(s) to Thierry Verduijn, Lector Supply Chain Innovation via +31(0)6-50891969, firstname.lastname@example.org.
At HZ University of Applied Sciences, we manage the recruitment of our new colleagues ourselves.