Lecturer Tourism Management
Scope: 0,6 fte - 0,8 fte
Work location: Vlissingen
Being a lecturer isn't something you do, it's who you are
Being a lecturer goes beyond just passing on knowledge. As a enthusiastic lecturer you will coach the students towards success. Are you a digitally savvy colleague with a can-do attitude and strong personal leadership skills? Are you the person committed to take the dive and bring your palette of skills and knowledge? Then join the team and feel welcome to guide our students’ journeys.
Your work as lecturer of English
Our English taught Tourism Management program has been successfully innovated over the last three years. Our culture of innovating the industry in a responsible, purpose driven manner is embraced throughout our entire community of practice. We focus strongly on creating a feeling of being welcome (hostmanship), creating experience, motivating change and like to see our students as pioneers. Students can enrol and graduate from the two year Associate Degree or the four year Bachelor Degree.
As lecturer, you are part of a small, open, ambitious, self-organizing, international team with a nice atmosphere. To train students to become pioneering, innovative and driven professionals you'll use your knowledge, skills and enthusiasm. You accomplish that by:
- teaching within your field of expertise in integrated modules;
- guiding and coaching students in their study career, internships and graduation;
- contributing to the organisation and development of the various programmes;
- actively participating in various student-centred projects and responsibilities.
Working at HZ University of Applied Sciences: the personal university
With 4,800 students, 600 employees and 25 HBO-programmes, the HZ University of Applied Sciences (HZ) in Zeeland can be called a small, personal university. We offer Bachelor programmes, (bridging) courses, a Master programme, post-graduate programmes and Associate degrees. In addition, our lectorates and knowledge centres perform practice-oriented research within the themes of vitality, nutrition, energy, water, and bio-based solutions. Working at HZ means working in a vibrant environment where no two days are the same. Where the lecturers know their students by name. And where the communication lines are short. Whether you are working as a lecturer, janitor, marketing employee, ICT professional, P&O advisor or financial manager: together with your colleagues, you form a team of professionals who are preparing our students for the (international) employment market. And did you know that we have been in the top 3 best universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands for years?
It's in your DNA
Students aren't just numbers to you. Students can always rely on you, and you're right at home in a coaching role. With your experience in the field of leisure, tourism, hospitality or management you can teach, motivate and inspire students. In addition to focusing on the students' learning process, you also keep your focus on the outside world. That way you always know how your teaching practice can stay connected to professional practice. In addition, you have:
- completed a relevant bachelor or master's degree;
- broad knowledge and work experience in the tourism industry;
- experience in teaching at a university of applied sciences and knowledge and skills in digital education;
- great personal reflectivity and drive to develop yourself professionally every day;
- an open style of communication;
- a broad network in the professional field;
- good English language skills for teaching and mentoring students.
Grow with us
We believe that future-proof education starts with our employees. That's why we offer you a lively working environment, along with:
- a temporary assignment for 1 year. The renewal of this appointment depends on personal performance and formative space;
- a gross monthly salary between € 3.018,49 and € 5.332,48 for full-time employment (salary scale 10 or 11 as depending on education and experience);
- an end of year bonus, holiday allowance and possibly an allowance for travel expenses;
- opportunities to work on your personal and professional development;
- freedom and independence in your work;
Do you also believe that future-proof education starts with you? Then react and apply before 24 June 2022, via the application button below. If you wish to make an informal enquiry please contact Huub Tak the TM program manager, telephone 0031-6-52488648.
Should you be invited for a first interview, you will be informed on June 28. Our interviews will take place at Friday afternoon July 1st and should you be invited to give a trial lecture, this will be on Friday July 8th
At HZ University of Applied Sciences, we manage the recruitment of our new colleagues ourselves