Lecturer of English
Scope: 0,6 fte - 1,0 fte
Work location: Vlissingen
Being a lecturer isn't something you do, it's who you are.
Being a lecturer goes beyond just teaching. As a enthusiastic and experienced lecturer you could be part of a team guiding our students towards success.
Are you digitally savvy? Do you have a can-do attitude and a belief in being pro-active? Do you have strong personal leadership skills and an ability to work in a team? Do you have a wide range of teaching knowledge? If the answer is yes to all of these, then why not apply to be part of our team?
Being an English Lecturer at HZ
You have worked as a language teacher either in the Netherlands or abroad and/or are trained in the field and understand the Dutch education system. You have enthusiasm for teaching and education. You have a passion for engaging students’ interests and helping them develop key skills for their studies and future careers. You have excellent communication skills and can inspire and motivate learners. You feel confident teaching face-to-face and online classes. You believe in student-centred, communicative learning. You understand how to link your lessons to the future, vocational skills needed by our students.
Further, you are a team-player who has the initiative to come up with new ideas and the dedication to see them through. You are a professional educator; meeting deadlines, adhering to curriculum needs and performing to the best of your abilities. You welcome challenges and are prepared with work with others in developing new courses and materials as well as regular teaching work. You recognize the need to carry out teaching-related administrative duties in full and on time.
The Language and Cultural Centre at HZ offers a wide range of language courses to all academies and departments of the university. Our team is comprised of a small, international, dedicated group of teachers striving to maximize linguistic learning opportunities throughout HZ. We welcome other like-minded professionals to join our team.
Working at HZ University of Applied Sciences: the personal university
With 4,800 students, 600 employees and 25 hbo programmes, HZ University of Applied Sciences (HZ) in Zeeland can be called a small, personal university of applied sciences. We offer bachelor’s programmes, (bridging) courses, a Master’s programme, post-hbo programmes and associate degrees. In addition, our research groups and centres of expertises conduct practice-based research on the themes of vitality, nutrition, energy, water and biobased solutions. Working at HZ means working in a lively environment where no day is the same. Where the lecturers know the names of their students. And where the lines are short. Whether you work as a lecturer, janitor, marketing employee, ICT professional, P&O advisor or financial manager: together you form a team of professionals with your colleagues who prepare our students for the (international) labour market. And did you know that we have been in the top 3 best universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands for many years?
- a relevant (Master’s) degree
- preferably experience in teaching at a university of applied sciences
- knowledge and skills in digital education
- an ability to work collaboratively
- the organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize your own workload
- a flexible approach to your work and the ability to adapt to changes as necessary
- an ability to self-reflect on your work and the drive to continually develop yourself professionally
Grow with us
We believe that future-proof education starts with our employees. That's why we offer you a lively working environment, along with:
- a temporary assignment as lecturer for 1 year. The renewal of this appointment depends on personal performance and formative space.
- a gross monthly salary between € 3.018,49 and € 5.332,48 (scale 10 or 11) for full-time employment, depending on your work experience and master’s degree.
- an end of year bonus, holiday allowance and possibly an allowance for travel expenses.
- opportunities to work on your personal and professional development.
- freedom and independence in your work.
- support in obtaining a teaching qualification if you do not yet have one. You do not need a teaching qualification to work as a higher professional education lecturer, but you must be prepared to obtain this qualification and invest in your expertise as a lecturer.
Do you also believe that future-proof education starts with you? Then apply now. For further details and queries please contact Bregje Weeda, manager of the English Language Center, email@example.com/0651070366
Are you interested in this position? Then click on the apply button below before July 17th.
Should you be invited for a first interview, you will be informed by July 19th. Our interviews will take place at July 21st. As we are a growing team, please feel free to apply even if you are not able to meet us on July 21st.
It goes without saying that we carefully observe the guidelines and regulations of the government regarding covid-19.
At HZ University of Applied Sciences, we manage the recruitment of our new colleagues ourselves