Lecturer of English
Scope: 0,6- 1,0 fte
Work location: Vlissingen
Being a lecturer isn't something you do, it's who you are.
Being a lecturer goes beyond just teaching. As a enthusiastic and experienced lecturer you could be part of a team guiding our students towards success.
Are you digitally savvy? Do you have a can-do attitude and a belief in being pro-active? Do you have strong personal leadership skills and as well as an ability to work in a team? Do you have a wide range of teaching knowledge? If the answer is yes to all of these, then why not apply to be part of our team?
Being an English Lecturer at HZ
You have worked as a language teacher either in the Netherlands or abroad and/or are trained in the field and understand the Dutch education system. You have enthusiasm for teaching and education. You have a passion for engaging students’ interests and helping them develop key skills for their studies and future careers. You have excellent communication skills and can inspire and motivate learners. You feel confident teaching face-to-face and online classes. You believe in student-centred, communicative learning. You understand how to link your lessons to the future, vocational skills needed by our students.
Further, you are a team-player who has the initiative to come up with new ideas and the dedication to see them through. You are a professional educator; meeting deadlines, adhering to curriculum needs and performing to the best of your abilities. You welcome challenges and are prepared with work with others in developing new courses and materials as well as regular teaching work. You recognize the need to carry out teaching-related administrative duties in full and on time.
The Language and Cultural Centre at HZ offers a wide range of general and specific purposes language courses to all academies and departments of the university. Our team is comprised of a small, international, dedicated group of teachers striving to maximize linguistic learning opportunities throughout HZ. We welcome other like-minded professionals to join our team.
Working at HZ University of Applied Sciences: the friendly university
HZ University of Applied Sciences (HZ) in Zeeland has only 4,800 students, 600 employees and 25 HBO programmes, yet we’ve been in the top 3 best universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands for many years. We are a small, friendly and successful university of applied sciences where the lecturers know the names of their students and we all work together as a team. We offer Bachelor’s programmes, (bridging) courses, a Master’s programme, post-HBO programmes and associate degrees. In addition, our research groups and centres of expertise conduct practice-based research on the themes of vitality, nutrition, energy, water and bio-based solutions.
Whether we work as a lecturer, janitor, marketing employee, ICT professional, P&O advisor or financial manager: together we form a group of professionals whose greatest aim is to prepare our students for the (international) labour market.
- a relevant (Master’s) degree;
- preferably experience in teaching at a universit of applied sciences;
- knowledge and skills in digital education;
- an ability to work collaboratively;
- the organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize your own workload;
- a flexible approach to your work and the ability to adapt to changes as necessary;
- an ability to self-reflect on your work and the drive to continually develop yourself professionally.
Grow with us
We believe that educating our students for the future starts with our employees. That's why we offer you a lively working environment, along with:
- a temporary contract as a lecturer for 1 year;
- a gross monthly salary between € 2845,48 and € 5026,85 (scale 10 or 11) for full-time employment, depending on your work experience and qualifications;
- 8.3% end-of-year bonus, 8% holiday pay and possibly compensation for travel expenses and/or for working from home;
- opportunities to work on your personal and professional development;
- freedom and independence in your work;
- support in obtaining a relevant teaching qualification if you do not yet have one (you do not need a teaching qualification to work as a lecturer, but you must be prepared to obtain this qualification and invest in your expertise).
How to apply
Does all the above sound like you? Then press the Apply Now button and send in your application before 7 January 2022. Would you prefer to receive some more information first? Send your question(s) to Bregje Weeda, English Lecturer (email@example.com) or Frank Bordui, LLC Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Interviews will be held on Monday 24 January 2022.
At HZ University of Applied Sciences, we manage the recruitment of our new colleagues ourselves.