Lecturer of English
0,6- 1,0 fte
Being a lecturer isn't something you do, it's who you are.
Being a lecturer goes beyond just passing on knowledge. As a enthusiastic and experienced lecturer you will coach the students towards success. Are you digitally savvy colleague with a can-do attitude and strong personal leadership skills? Are you ready to dive in and bring in your wide range of knowledge and skills? Then join the team and feel welcome to guide our students’ journeys.
Your work as lecturer of English
You are familiar with or have worked as a language teacher in the Netherlands and find it engaging to help young people build their future. You are an easy and open communicator and know how to coach, inspire and motivate students, relying on your expertise and your enthusiasm for teaching and education. You are a team-player and networker who is capable of initiating and following through ideas, working independently, meeting deadlines and implementing professional requirements in a curriculum, both theoretically and practically. You welcome challenges and are prepared and able to develop new educational tools and products in addition to doing regular teaching work.
In order to train students to become pioneering, innovative and driven professionals you'll use your knowledge, skills and enthusiasm. You accomplish that by:
- teaching courses online and in person and carry out assessments for courses;
- designing, as required, teaching programmes for courses;
- guiding and coaching students in their study career;
- contributing to the organisation and development of the various programmes; actively participating in various student-centred projects and responsibilities
- to carry out teaching-related administrative duties as required.
The English Language Center at HZ offers a wide range of general and specific purposes language courses to all academies and departments of the University. As lecturer, you will be part of a small, international team.
Working at HZ University of Applied Sciences: the personal university
With 4,800 students, 600 employees and 25 hbo programmes, HZ University of Applied Sciences (HZ) in Zeeland can be called a small, personal university of applied sciences. We offer bachelor’s programmes, (bridging) courses, a Master’s programme, post-hbo programmes and associate degrees. In addition, our research groups and centres of expertises conduct practice-based research on the themes of vitality, nutrition, energy, water and biobased solutions. Working at HZ means working in a lively environment where no day is the same. Where the lecturers know the names of their students. And where the lines are short. Whether you work as a lecturer, janitor, marketing employee, ICT professional, P&O advisor or financial manager: together you form a team of professionals with your colleagues who prepare our students for the (international) labour market. And did you know that we have been in the top 3 best universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands for many years?
It's in your DNA
Students aren't just numbers to you. In addition to focusing on the students' learning process, you also keep your focus on the outside world. That way you always know how your teaching practice can stay connected to professional practice. In addition, you:
- have a relevant (Master’s) degree;
- have experience in teaching at a university of applied sciences and knowledge and skills in digital education;
- are able to work collaboratively;
- have organisational skills and ability to manage and prioritize own workload;
- have a flexible and adaptable approach to work;
- are able to apply self- reflection and the drive to continually develop yourself professionally
Grow with us
We believe that future-proof education starts with our employees. That's why we offer you a lively working environment, along with:
- a temporary assignment as lecturer for 1 year. The renewal of this appointment depends on personal performance and formative space.
- a gross monthly salary between € 2845,48 and € 5026,85 (scale 10 or 11) for full-time employment, depending on your work experience and masters degree.
- an end of year bonus, holiday allowance and possibly an allowance for travel expenses.
- opportunities to work on your personal and professional development.
- freedom and independence in your work.
- support in obtaining a teaching qualification if you do not yet have one. You do not need a teaching qualification to work as a higher professional education lecturer, but you must be prepared to obtain this qualification and invest in your expertise as a lecturer.
Do you also believe that future-proof education starts with you? Then apply now. For further details and queries please contact Bregje Weeda, lecturer, firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Frank Bordui, manager of the English Language Center, email@example.com.
Are you interested in this position? Then click on the application button below and fill out the application form before 21 August.
Should you be invited for a first interview, you will be informed by 23 August. Our interviews will take place at 26 August. It goes without saying that we carefully observe the guidelines and regulations of the government regarding covid-19.
Recruitment for this vacancy is not appreciated