International Student Recruitment Coordinator
Scope: 32 - 40 hours (0,8 - 1,0 fte)
Location: Vlissingen and Middelburg
As coordinator, you make an important contribution to the growth of the international community of HZ University of Applied Sciences. A community that currently consists of approximately 650 international students from more than 60 different countries. In this role, you will enjoy a lot of freedom to establish new collaborations, policies and activities all over the world. Are you going to help us to continue growing?
Your work as coordinator
No two days in the life of the coordinator will be the same. One moment you are coordinating and confirming the upcoming recruitment activities with your team and not much later you find yourself boarding an international train to give a presentation about the HZ and studying in Zeeland. And if anything goes wrong, planning or otherwise, you are the one who has the creativity and innovation to deal with it.
HZ intends to continue its growth as an international community over the coming years, you can make a substantial contribution to this ambition by utilising your team and the available resources as efficiently as possible. You maintain close contacts with the student ambassadors, colleagues and external partners. Time and again you are able to channel your inspirational attitude to keep them engaged and to continue identifying opportunities and improvements which you decisively turn into actions or policy. All of which with the goal of supporting international students in their choice of a bachelor or master programme, as one of the most important decisions in their lives.
This is what you enjoy doing
- Managing enthusiastic colleagues and student ambassadors
- Collaborating with different cultures
- Inspiring other people
- Solving problems in creative and innovative ways
- Generating support for new ideas
You will be managing a small but close-knit team that closely collaborates with student ambassadors. Your team is part of the marketing, communication and internationalisation department. To achieve your objectives, you will also need to collaborate with the rest of the department.
It’s in your DNA
To achieve a shared goal as one unified team. In addition, development is very important to you, and this is something you proactively inspire. Experience with international student recruitment is preferred. And if you are already familiar with our HZ community, as a former student or employee, then that is even better!
- Work and think at Higher Education level
- Prepared to travel both inside and outside of the EU several times per year and to occasionally work evenings and weekends
- Excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written, and a confident public speaker
Grow with us
We believe that futureproof education starts with our employees. That is why, in addition to a vibrant working environment, we also offer:
- A contract for 1 year. Renewal of this appointment will depend on your personal functioning and formative space;
- A gross monthly salary of between € 3,018.49 and € 4,569.57 for full-time employment (scale 10 under the higher education collective labour agreement (CAO HBO));
- 8.3% end-of-year payment, 8% holiday pay and possibly a contribution towards travel and/or working from home expenses;
- Approximately 53 holidays if you work full time;
- Opportunities for further growth within your role and within the HZ;
- Every opportunity to work on your personal and professional development;
- Freedom and independence in your work;
- Free access to the HZ Vitality Center;
- Fun activities organised as part of HZ Fun, HZ Sport and HZ Cult.
Working at HZ University of Applied Sciences: the personal university
Together with around 600 employees and 5000 students, we apply ourselves, through innovative education and research, to our mission; contributing to a better word.
Working at the HZ means working in a vibrant community which offers all the space and every opportunity for unique ideas and the development of your talents, so that you can grow. Every door is always open, so you can just walk in for a chat with any colleague. Because ultimately, we are all in it together. Whether you are employed as a lecturer, janitor, marketing or ICT staff, HR advisor or financial manager: together we contribute to a better, sustainable world. That is the strength of our personal university
Are you the one who wants to help us grow? Submit your application right away, by the latest before 7 September 2022, using the Apply button below. Would you prefer to get a little more information first? Arjen Bouwmeester (Head of service for marketing, communication and internationalisation) will be happy to tell you more about this position. You can contact Arjen by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on +31 (0)6-12418724.
Due to the summer holidays, responses may take a little longer than usual.
Applicant interviews will be held in week 37. If we are both sure we are a good match? Then you will start your new job as International Student Recruitment Coordinator as soon as possible.
At the HZ University of Applied Sciences we manage the recruitment of any new colleagues ourselves.