Global sustainability & transitions Lecturer
0,6 fte-0,8 fte
As a World Citizen, you may just be the best professional to inspire and guide our students in Global Project and Change Management (GPCM), our brand new, bachelor level study programme. Our GPCM community welcomes you as a member of large network of changemakers. The world is asking for - and that is our conviction.- a new generation to show resilience, to connect to global challenges and to contribute to solutions yet untried. Are you the person committed to take the dive and bring your palette of skills and knowledge? Then join the team and feel welcome to guide our students’ journeys.
Your work as a GPCM lecture
GPCM is a study programme with a plus, characterized as small-scale and intensive, and so you will be working with a select group of internationally-minded students. The students are highly motivated and choose to put in extra to be successful in this above-average programme. Your experience as a circular economist or international consultant will help to stimulate and enthuse students to think outside their box and work hands on with big(ger) challenges involving multiple stakeholders.
Your work will involve:
- providing education/teaching
- coaching the students towards success
- developing programme content and activities
The first batch of students will start this September. You will be part of a small-sized and highly motivated team that forms the core of the study programme, ensuring the further development and fine-tuning of the programme. You will also have the chance to work with colleagues available on demand to share their special expertise or experience. Together we will realise an unforgettable study time for our students. We intend to build a close-knit community together, embracing our students even when they are experiencing their world for a semester during their studies, dealing with sustainability issues.
Working at HZ University of Applied Sciences: the University of Applied Sciences where people matter
With 4,800 students, 500 employees and 25 hbo programmes, HZ University of Applied Sciences (HZ) in Zeeland can be called a small, personal university of applied sciences. We offer bachelor’s programmes, (bridging) courses, a Master’s programme, post-hbo programmes and Associate degrees. Working at HZ means working in a lively environment where no day is the same. Where the lecturers know the names of their students. And where the lines are short. Whether you work as a lecturer, janitor, marketing employee, ICT professional, P&O advisor or financial manager: together you form a team of professionals with your colleagues who prepare our students for the (international) labour market. And did you know that we have been in the top 3 best universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands for many years?
You have what it takes
What you give attention to, grows - and precisely that is why students will draw to you. You know how to foster the talent and potential in each person – viewing them from a world perspective. If you can contribute and have experience in that direction, we may just be a great match. We see you demonstrate continuous involvement in social trends and emerging developments, and you a strong communicator. You utilise your knowledge, skills, initiative and enthusiasm to enhance students’ skills and knowledge, helping them to become enterprising, innovative and driven professionals.
In addition, you have:
- a relevant (and completed) Master’s Degree or PhD
- demonstrable work experience with (inter)national projects and change processes in the areas of water, energy, vitality and/or food
And also these should apply:
- good communication and coaching skills
- great personal reflectivity and drive to develop yourself professionally
- (applied) research skills
- English proficiency at Cambridge Proficiency level
- Dutch e-language skills are recommended
Grow with us
We believe that future-proof education starts with our employees. That's why we offer you - in addition to a lively working environment:
- a 1 year, temporary contract to the position of lecturer, Dutch Higher Education payscale 11. Extension of this contract depends on personal functioning and formative space of the institution.
- a gross monthly salary between €3,658.64 and €5,026.85 in accordance with the HBO (higher education) collective labour agreement paid for full-time employment.
- an end-of-year allowance, holiday pay and if applicable contribution to travel expenses and/or work from home allowance when working from home.
- opportunities to work on your personal and professional development.
- freedom and independence in your work.
- support in obtaining a recognised didactic qualification should you not possess. You do not necessarily need an educational qualification to start working as an hbo lecturer, but should be willing to obtain it, thus investing in your teaching options.
The starting date of the vacancy is: 1-8-2021 or earlier if possible.
Ms B. (Birgit) Dauwe, study programme coordinator, may be approached to provide further information about this position. She may be reached at: +31 6 458 77 329.
Do you recognise yourself in this description and believe that small and intensive education starts with you? Then apply directly, but before May 16th, via the application button below. Should you be invited for a first interview, you will be informed by May 21st. Our interviews will take place at May 26 th and should you be invited to give a trial lecture, this will be on June 1st.
Acquisition as a result of the vacancy text is not appreciated.