Scope: 0,5 fte-1,0 fte
You don’t become a teacher, you are one. Your desire to innovate, love for people and technology and commitment to students can’t be taught. It’s in you. Build upon each other, a taste of different cultures, do not give up, does that appeal to you and is it in you? Then apply for the position in our IT team at HZ University of Applied Sciences in Middelburg, the Netherlands, because our goal is to make the world a slightly better place together with our students.
Your work as an IT lecturer
As an IT lecturer, you want our students to become the best in their field. That’s why we give you plenty of trust and space to share your practical experience and also to keep developing yourself. You’ll have about 20 approachable colleagues who support each other and learn from each other. You challenge others to help others develop as well as yourself and bring innovation to the programme. Our team embraced ‘open, trust, courage’ as our team values and we actively put these into practice. We therefore very much appreciate a sociable attitude.
To make sure that the education remains connected to contemporary practice, you are constantly looking at societal trends and new developments because you use your expertise to come up with tomorrow’s practical solutions. You will also fully use this knowledge during the classes you’ll be teaching. You might do this in combination with a part-time job or running your own company.
Together with other programmes and research groups, we work on themes such as the vitality of seniors in the region, mobility questions with GEO software and data, research concerning water quality, analysis of new food sources and renewable energy. You do this by providing personal and practice-oriented education that is characterised by learning and doing applied research. Will you contribute your knowledge and experience in the field of research methods and techniques and work together with the students on real-life research assignments? Then you’ll be bringing important expertise to our team.
You know better than anybody that being a lecturer involves more than just transferring knowledge. Students can always count on you and the role of coach was made for you. You use your knowledge, skills and enthusiasm to educate students to become entrepreneurial, innovative and driven professionals. You do this by:
• providing education within your area of expertise in multidisciplinary courses/study projects.
• supervising and coaching students with an empathic attitude.
• contributing to practice-oriented research.
• actively participating in the development of interdisciplinary education projects in collaboration with the professional field.
Working at HZ University of Applied Sciences: the personal university
With 4,800 students, 600 employees and 25 higher education programs, HZ University of Applied Sciences (HZ) in Zeeland can be called a small, personal university. We offer bachelor's degree programs, (transitional) courses, a master's program, post-bachelor degree programs and associate degrees. In addition, our professorships and knowledge centres conduct practice-based research on the themes of vitality, nutrition, energy, water and bio based solutions. Working at HZ means working in a lively environment where every working day is different. Where the teachers know the names of their students. And it has a flat structure. Whether you work as a lecturer, janitor, marketing assistant, ICT officer, HR advisor or financial manager: together with your colleagues you form a team of professionals who prepare our students for the (international) labour market. And did you know that we have been in the top three of the best Universities of Applied Sciences rankings in the Netherlands for years?
It’s in you
Students aren’t just numbers to you. With your experience from the field, you can teach, motivate and inspire students. You remain focused on the students’ learning process. With your communication skills and sense of responsibility, you know better than anyone how to contribute to the development of our students into skilled professionals. Do you have it in you to become a lecturer and are you the team player who wants to help us become the best IT programme in the Netherlands? Then apply for the position and become that top programme together with us and the students!
In addition, you have:
- a completed Master’s degree in an applicable field of work
- broad knowledge and extensive experience in the professional field, especially as a Software Engineer
- Excellent coaching and communication skills and able to transfer knowledge clear and simple
- Preferably international work experience
- English proficiency at Cambridge Proficiency level
Grow with us
We believe that future-proof education begins with our staff. That’s why we, in addition to a lively work environment, also offer:
- a temporary appointment as a lecturer, scale 11 for the duration of one year, with the option to extend considering formative space.
- a gross monthly salary between €3,881.09 and €5,332.48 in accordance with HBO CLA for full-time employment.
- an end-of-year bonus, holiday allowance and potentially an allowance for travel expenses.
- opportunities to work on your personal and professional development.
- freedom and independence in your work.
- support in obtaining a teacher certificate if you do not yet have one. You do not need a teaching qualification to start working as an HBO lecturer. However, you must be prepared to achieve this qualification and invest in your professional skills as a teacher.
Do you also believe that future-proof education starts with you? Then apply now, but
before June 26 2022 at the latest via the application button below. Would you like some more information first?
Manuel Magallon Drijfholt, programme manager, can tell you all about this vacancy. You can call him at: +31 6 53 33 71 20
Keep July 4 free in your calendar. We are scheduling job interviews on this date.
At HZ University of Applied Sciences, we manage the recruitment of our new colleagues ourselves